Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
We are happy to answer questions about our services and procedures.
- If you have any questions you would like to have answered on our site, please let us know by clicking here!
These are a selection of some common questions that patients have. If your question isn't answered here, please contact our office. It's important to us that our patients understand their dental care.
- How often should I see a dentist?
- What should I expect during my appointment?
- What does “painless dentistry” mean?
- What if I have a dental emergency?
- Are payment plans available for my dental treatment?
- Can the dentist whiten my teeth?
- What if I have a gap in my teeth, a chipped tooth or teeth that do not respond to normal bleaching methods?
- What is the rubber dam and why do you use it?
- Will my root canal hurt?
- How is root canal therapy performed?
- Why is it called a root canal?
- What kind of after-care is needed following a root canal?
- What is a crown?
- When is a crown needed?
- Do I need a root canal every time a crown is done?
- What is a bridge?
- Bridge or implant? Which is better?
- Why have implants made bridges less commonly recommended?
- What should I do if I have a dental emergency outside of office hours?
- How fast can I get in for an appointment if I have a problem?
- What types of emergency treatments do you offer?
- I got some stuff at the drug store to put on my tooth, can I just keep using that?
- How can I prevent emergencies from happening in the first place?
- You would be horrified if you saw my teeth, I’m too embarrassed to come in.